MDL wins Mediterranean umbilical installation
Maritime Developments has won a flex lay contract on a major gas field in the Mediterranean Sea.
The project, due to start in 2019, will cover installation of an umbilical connecting the production wells to a fixed offshore processing platform.
The work will be carried out using MDL TTS-4/310
Series Tensioner, a 110-tonne unit, operated by MDL personnel, as part of the MDL Offshore Service.
The system will allow safe and efficient handling of the product thanks to its 5m track length and wide cylindrical track opening for passing of umbilical end fittings.
- January 2024Preparation is key to a long life subsea
- January 2024Forward thinking with Holland
- January 2024Ensuring peak performance for FPSO and platform owners in 2024
- December 2023Reducing the risk of cable failures
- December 2023Fast-track cable replacement for offshore wind farm