MDL wins Mediterranean umbilical installation
Maritime Developments has won a flex lay contract on a major gas field in the Mediterranean Sea.
The project, due to start in 2019, will cover installation of an umbilical connecting the production wells to a fixed offshore processing platform.
The work will be carried out using MDL TTS-4/310
Series Tensioner, a 110-tonne unit, operated by MDL personnel, as part of the MDL Offshore Service.
The system will allow safe and efficient handling of the product thanks to its 5m track length and wide cylindrical track opening for passing of umbilical end fittings.
- November 2022Delivering electric duo for Brazil
- November 2022Lifting the lid on AME at international crane event
- November 2022MDL spread carries out North Sea cable lay
- October 2022The key role of risk in an innovation culture
- September 2022UK and Norway: partners in progress