MDL has the most experienced people in the global back-deck business: people who live and breathe the equipment, led by a team seasoned in marine operations and solving offshore challenges.
MDL’s in-house talent spans across all project delivery stages, providing assistance at every step: from tendering, through execution, to successful completion.
With specialisms including fabrication, machining, hydraulic, electrical and software engineering, the MDL technical team are the backbone of every project. They enable complete in-house equipment delivery, as well as onshore and offshore services for project execution. They also assist with troubleshooting on equipment and projects, including remote support or on location at the client facility.
- Mobilisation / demobilisation services: quayside support, vessel preparation and clean-up, sea-fastening execution
- Integration of systems from various suppliers via hydraulic, electric connections and software (incl. e-stops)
- Maintenance, repairs and upgrades of mechanical handling equipment on location
- All road or sea handling of equipment to/from MDL workshops
- Remote troubleshooting on MDL equipment
All of MDL equipment operators are specialist technicians with expert knowledge of hydraulic or electric systems and software. Before joining the offshore crew, they undertake internal development through the delivery, maintenance and upgrades of MDL fleet, which means they become intimate with the equipment inside-out.
Thanks to their skillset and experience on global flexlay projects, they are an invaluable asset on any project.
- Experienced in equipment manufacture, commissioning, integration and operation
- Global track-record of operating MDL and third-party flex lay equipment
- Multi-skilled operators with the skillset, experience and knowledge to assist with on-project troubleshooting
- Consistently scored “Outstanding” in client feedback for Working with MDL offshore personnel, Technical Knowledge and Competence, and HSEQ
Every MDL project starts with a dedicated Project Manager, appointed to oversee the complete delivery. They are the constant point of contact between the client and MDL, and are in daily communications with the offshore personnel to ensure safe and timely execution.
MDL Engineering expertise supports the project PM, identifying the most efficient approaches to equipment mobilisation, integration with client and third-party assets and demobilisation, as well as troubleshooting at any stage of the execution scope.