MDL Consultancy Service
Performance: made to measure
Creating tailored back-deck packages of technical performance, integration, reliability, efficiency and safety.
MDL in-house engineering team comprises of project, structural and design engineers, who devise solutions fully customised to optimise schedules and budgets - providing the best efficiencies available on the market.
Tap into our creative expert talent to maximise returns from your project - or help you win it.
Equipment, Operations and Project Management
The Projects team consists of chartered engineers experienced in delivery of equipment and services to operators and EPIC contractors in global basins.
The team oversees project and package management for onshore and offshore projects, with key responsibilities of specifying the engineering requirements, deliverables and overseeing execution through interfacing with all key stakeholders.
With complete capabilities under one roof supplementing market-leading fleet of equipment, the MDL Projects team helps to integrate services and reduce the number of interfaces on a mission, and as a result optimise projects’ schedules and budgets.
- Detailed commissioning, testing and operating Procedures
- Offshore mobilisation and onsite engineering support
- Integration of services through Package and Project Engineering for upgrades and dry docking or maintenance support
- HAZID, HAZOP and HIRA
- Lift planning and method statements
- Detailed operations and maintenance manuals / task plans
Project Engineering and Design
MDL project engineering and design team consists of structural and naval engineers, supplemented by specialist technicians from throughout the business such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, controls and automation.
This multi-disciplined team delivers efficient pre-project planning and on-project execution to achieve maximum integration at minimum idle time: from feasibility studies and FEED, through detailed engineering and design, manufacture, commissioning and delivery to project teams.
- Vessel permanent and temporary works design
- Vessel underdeck analysis and underdeck strengthening solutions
- Comprehensive vessel integration solutions: sea-fastening design, class approval management and structural mobilisation support
- Third-party independent review of MDL equipment sea-fastening
- Mechanical handling and lifting equipment design
- Concept development and FEED design for offshore equipment
- Hydraulic / electrical design
- Heave compensation design
- Load test equipment / jacking equipment design
- Clamping / skidding system design
Design Draughting and Visualisation
The Design Draughting team supports all areas of the business: AME for asset life extension and flex lay services during mobilisations of equipment on a multitude of vessels throughout the world.
- High quality 3D modelling of offshore equipment to support manufacturing processes
- High quality 3D visualisations, animations and renders
- Storyboard drawings and 3D render storyboards
- Detailed manufacturing drawings for machining, fabrication, assembly
- General arrangement and set-up drawings
- Vessel layout and sea-fastening drawings
- Machine part drawings
- Lifting and rigging drawings
Design Codes and Standards
MDL Projects team has expertise in a variety of global standards, design norms and industry requirements such as;
- Lloyds Register
- European and British Standard
- Nationally Recognised practices such as LOLER, PUWER