Fully portable spreads
What’s better than a piece of cost-saving equipment? A whole spread of cost-saving equipment.
MDL Flex-Lay Systems have been proven to deliver significant returns on offshore campaigns - by cutting down vessel days.
Combined of fully road-transportable equipment, the MDL Spread can be installed on any vessel of opportunity to turn it into a pipelaying solution, for the duration of the project.
Once complete, the systems can be easily demobilised and reinstalled on another vessel for a different job – which means better fleet utilisation and more global opportunities within the operator’s reach.
From our design and manufacturing bases, Maritime Developments delivers product handling equipment for global energy projects.
To complement its pipelaying systems, Maritime Developments delivers the full turnkey package of back-deck handling equipment including overboarding chutes, spoolers, level winders, compensators and control systems.
Safety & Operational Excellence
Our range of pipelay tensioners and reel drive systems are designed and manufactured to comply with PUWER / LOLER requirements and have either Lloyds or DNV certification. The control systems are designed for safe, efficient product handling with data logging as a standard feature. This ensures instant access to critical product lay information with the option to record the data which can be accessed during or post operation.
- Type of vessel / operating conditions
- Deck mounting (overside/through moonpool)
- Vessel deck loading capacity
- Available deck area
- Maximum installation and recovery loads
- Gross weight of reel and product
- Reel diameter and width
- Single or multiple reel handling
- Maximum torque
- Offset loading details (if applicable)
- Product outer diameter
- Maximum allowable squeeze/meter on the product
- Co-efficient of friction of the product
- Optimum pad solution
- Operating product line speed
- Preferred drive option (hydraulic / electric)