150Te Reel Drive System
The MDL MRDS-150-80 Reel Drive System is a modular reel drive for the installation or recovery of flexibles, cables, umbilicals, wire rope or steel pipe products.
Reel drive tower (each)
5.13m x 3.1m x 5.3m (LxBxH) assembled
Weight – 22.1Te
12m track section (each)
12m x 2.9m x 0.46m
Weight – 4.5Te
Electro-hydraulic powerpack (HPU)
170kW system rating
Integrated touchscreen HMI control panel
Wireless walkabout box supplied as standard for control
Maximum reel weight
Maximum reel diameter
Minimum reel diameter
Unlimited (with packers below reel)
Max hub rotation speed
2.0 rev/min at 40Te/m (high speed/low torque
1.0 rev/min at 80Te/m (low speed/ high torque)
Maximum line pull on 9.2m reel
17Te on any layer
Design appraised in accordance with DNV standards
The system is suitable for reel diameters 9.2m (30ft) and below with combined reel + product weight of 150Te.
- Hubs driven by hydraulic motor/gearbox drive assemblies with failsafe closed brakes.
- Track system option, so the towers can move between reels.
- Automated walking system to reduce downtime when moving between reels.
- The raising and lowering of reels is automated to reduce working at height requirements.
- Emergency Shut Down (ESD) system for local and remote use.
- Ability to interface with other MDL equipment, such as tensioners.
- Road transportable or can be shipped by standard methods.
- Supplied with quick connect/disconnect hoses.