800Te Reel Drive System
The MRDS-800-171 Series Reel Drive System is a modular reel drive for the installation or recovery of flexibles, cables, umbilicals, wire rope or steel pipe products.
Reel drive tower (each)
11.9m x 3.5m x 9.4m (LxBxH) assembled
Weight – 115Te (without tracks)
10m track section (each)
10m x 3.4m x 0.75m
Weight – 14.5Te (each)
Pup pieces required between 10m tracks for multiple 11.4m and 10.6m reels
Integrated cradles suitable for reel diameters
Electric powerpack (EPU)
75kW at 50Hz / 90kW at 60Hz on each tower
Integrated wireless walkabout box supplied as standard for control.
Maximum reel weight (SWL)
800Te (nominal as each tower can carry 480Te, overall max weight dependent on offset)
Maximum reel diameter
Minimum reel diameter
Unlimited (with packers below reel)
Max hub rotation speed
1.2 rev/min at 85.5Te/m (high speed/low torque)
0.6 rev/min at 171Te/m (low speed/high torque)
Maximum line pull on 14m reel
24Te at outer flange
Design appraised in accordance with DNV standards
- The system is suitable for reel diameters 14m (46ft) and below with combined reel + product weight of 800Te.
- Modular design allowing assembly of a 500Te system when lower line pull required
- Hubs driven by electric motor/ brake/gearbox drive assemblies with failsafe closed brakes.
- Track system option for 11.4m/500Te reels and under, so the towers can move between reels.
- Automated walking system to reduce downtime when moving between reels.
- In 500Te arrangement, additional packers for cradles can be supplied for:
- The unit has reel lashing points built into each track to offset fixing to the vessel deck.
- The raising and lowering of reels is automated to reduce working at height requirements.
- The system has an additional traverse function to align the product to an external source, such as a lay tower.
- ESD system for local and remote use.
- The unit is supplied with built-in electro-hydraulic powerpack.
- Ability to interface with other Maritime Developments’ equipment, such as tensioners.
- Road-transportable or can be shipped by standard methods.