Third-generation Reel Drive System
Modular reel drive for the installation or recovery of flexibles, cables, umbilicals, wire rope or steel pipe products.
Reel drive tower (each)
8m x 2.12m x 8.27m (LxBxH) assembled
Weight – 65Te / 52.3Te (without tracks)
9m track section (each)
9m x 2.44m x 0.49m
Weight – 12.7Te (each)
Pup pieces required between 9m tracks for multiple 9.3m and 10.6m reels
Integrated cradles suitable for
12m, 10.6m reels, 9.2m reels, 8.6m reels
Electro-hydraulic power pack (HPU)
75kW, integrated wireless walkabout box supplied as standard for control
Maximum reel diameter
Minimum reel diameter
Max hub rotation speed
1.0 rev/min at 37.5Te/m (high speed/low torque)
0.5 rev/min at 75Te/m (low speed/high torque)
Maximum line pull on 10.6m reel
14.1Te at outer flange
Design appraised in accordance with DNV standards
The system is suitable for reel diameters 10.6m (35ft) and below with combined reel + product weight of 350Te.
- Hubs driven by hydraulic motor/brake/gearbox drive assemblies with failsafe closed brakes.
- Track system option, so the towers can move between reels.
- Automated walking system to reduce downtime when moving between reels.
- Tracks supplied with integrated cradles to suit 35ft reels:
12m reels, 10.6m reels, 9.6m reels, 9.2m reels, 8.6m reels
- The raising and lowering of reels is automated to reduce working at height requirements.
- ESD system for local and remote use.
- The unit is supplied with built-in electro-hydraulic powerpack.
- Ability to interface with other Maritime Developments’ equipment, such as tensioners.
- Road transportable or can be shipped by standard methods.
- Supplied with quick connect/disconnect hoses.