Exploring the land and sea with Clan
The Light the North Trail had come to an end, but the magic lived on - with a special competition for keen explorers.
MDL has been a proud sponsor of one of the 50 lighthouse sculptures forming part of the trail organised by Clan Cancer Support and Wild in Art.
At the end of the trail all of the lighthouses were auctioned off, raising a whopping £324,200 for the charity... and our sculpture “My Bonnie lies o'er the Ocean” found a new rightful home by the Peterhead Lifeboat Museum.
Besides adorning the Scottish coastline, some sculptures - including our "Bonnie" - offered extra perks for keen collectors.
Any young visitor to the MDL lighthouse gained access to our colouring competition, with several Lego Ocean Exploration sets up for grabs for the up-and-coming artists. At the end of the trail, MDL's independent Lighthouse Family committee selected the winner of the grand prize - the floating exploration ship - and drew the remaining prizes from all entries.
The prizes were then packaged and delivered to the winners across the Scottish mainland and islands - no doubt to grand pre-Christmas cheer!
- January 2024Preparation is key to a long life subsea
- January 2024Forward thinking with Holland
- January 2024Ensuring peak performance for FPSO and platform owners in 2024
- December 2023Reducing the risk of cable failures
- December 2023Fast-track cable replacement for offshore wind farm